What are the major differences between Opt Out & Transfer All?
- When enabled, the relays will respond according to the signals from VTN/DRES
- The installer can energize each relay individually to test the load shed without a signal from the VTN.
- A signal can be sent from the VTN which can be seen in GRIDview with out shedding the actual load.
- The user can test control software changes without the risk of energizing relays in a live facility.
- When enabled the GRIDlink will isolate the relays from the VTN/DRES and not repond to Event signals.
- The GRIDlink will advise the VTN in a reponse payload that it has Opted Out.
- The VTN will cease to send notifications for the Event that was in effect for the GRIDlink that Opted Out.
Tranfer All should be treated as a tool for trouble shooting and installation only. If used, the VTN would be un-aware.
Opt Out is a partisipate or do not participate logic. It notifies the VTN and is irreveserable if enabled during an Event.